Alkali-resistant paint “fading” and complete alteration of the film in new masonry.
- Poor surface preparation.
- Painting a new masonry surface with high alkalinity, before it matures for at least 30 days (complete maturation / drying takes one year).
- No priming, or application of a suitable primer.
- New masonry surfaces must be left for at least 30 days to dry before painting, this period is extended depending on the prevailing conditions (high humidity, rain, etc.).
- Use of high alkalinity resistant primer.
- On an already problematic surface, remove the damaged film and apply a primer.